Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Simon Brown <Si...@openwave.com> on 2007/09/20 10:55:52 UTC

dealing with test failures

Hi,

Does anyone know how to do the following: I'm trying to deal with test
failures in the following way:
1. Stop entire test run when test fails due to particular response e.g.
Non HTTP response code: java.net.ConnectException,Non HTTP response
message: Connection refused.  I then want to be able to automatically
restart the test run from the point where the test failed.
2. Ignore failure and continue test run when response code is anything
other than 200 OK
3. Stop a particular section of tests and continue with the next section
if a failure similar to that in 1. is encountered.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: dealing with test failures

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20/09/2007, Simon Brown <Si...@openwave.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to do the following: I'm trying to deal with test
> failures in the following way:
> 1. Stop entire test run when test fails due to particular response e.g.
> Non HTTP response code: java.net.ConnectException,Non HTTP response
> message: Connection refused.

If you want to stop on any error, this can be done on the thread group.

Unfortunately the Regex Extractor Post-Processor does not operate on the
response code/message at present
(I've added an enhancement request for this).

So I think the only way to do this at present is to use the BeanShell
Post-Processor, which has access to the fields. That can call the stop Test
function.

 I then want to be able to automatically
> restart the test run from the point where the test failed.

Not possible.

2. Ignore failure and continue test run when response code is anything
> other than 200 OK

Yes - don't stop the test ...

3. Stop a particular section of tests and continue with the next section
> if a failure similar to that in 1. is encountered.

The If Controller (except in 2.3RC3 and 2.3C4) could be used to do this
because it checks the status before each sample.

Thanks,