Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Alcocer Flores <su...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/15 08:01:07 UTC

Question about Date Picker

Can anyone tell me is there is any way to use date
picker so i can introduce the time besides the date?
Thanks for your time.

Mark

Re: Question about Date Picker

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
> Can anyone tell me is there is any way to use date
> picker so i can introduce the time besides the date?

We played with that a little bit.  In theory you can do it, if you don't mind
making the user type the time part.  One of DatePicker's parameters is
'format', which is a java.util.SimpleDateFormat that will accept time
specifiers in its pattern.  It might not be all that convenient, though...
first the user would use the pop-up calendar to pick the date part, and then
append the time part in the textfield.  In other words, there's no pop-up
graphical clock component if that's what you're looking for... until someone
feels like adding one.

We ended up doing it the easy way.  We added a textfield for the time part,
separate from the DatePicker.  Our page code simply combines the date and time
parts into the Date variable before persisting it.