Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Gary Jarrel <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/31 11:11:45 UTC

Pervasive & Cayenne

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used Cayenne with Pervasisve? If so did you have to write
your own adapter from scratch or were you able to reuse an existing
adapter (similar to Sybase & SQL Server)?

Thank you

Gary

Re: Pervasive & Cayenne

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Unfortunately I have no experience with Pervasive so I can't comment
on the specifics. Most adapter customizations are dealing with schema
related operations, so a generic adapter might just work for a regular
app (if the capabilities of Pervasive and JDBC support are at the
level of say MySQL or Postgres).

Also with the help of Cayenne test suite it is usually fairly
straightforward to build a new adapter.

Andrus