Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by skousouris <st...@hotmail.com> on 2012/10/04 08:48:53 UTC

Re: Need help - Modify header in response

Apologies for coming in late. Did you manage to do it ie. modify the header
parameter?

I would, ideally like to modify the 2 parameters the external server is
sending back
Encoding: ISO-8859-1

Encoding: UTF-8

as the external service will not be modified to respond correctly, hence I
need to do that so that CXF gets the correct encoding. I have read this
http://cxf.apache.org/faq.html#FAQ-HowcanIaddsoapheaderstotherequest%2Fresponse%3F

and decided for performance to go with modifying the Response Context rather
a handler or interceptor, but I have gap in my understanding/knowledge on
how to provide the 2 Header parameters in the following call

    provider.getResponseContext().put("Encoding", "UTF-8");
    provider.getResponseContext().put("Content-Type",
"text/xml;charset=UTF-8");

Is it as simple as I have witten above?