Posted to user@poi.apache.org by József Mester <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/03 07:00:58 UTC

Can I use poi on android

Hello

I would like write a program which fills Excel workbook.  What can you
recommend for this purpose?

Joe

Re: Can I use poi on android

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

There are a few caveats when trying this, size of jars, duplicate classes
among others, I recently started https://github.com/centic9/poi-on-android
to try to solve them cleanly. Maybe you can give it a try and provide
feedback if it works for you orcreate issues in the project if you run into
problems.

Alternatively there is a different solution at
https://github.com/andruhon/android5xlsx, however it uses a somewhat
outdated version of POI and is harder to upgrade.

Dominik