Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de> on 2003/05/27 12:11:36 UTC

authentication-fw and subsitemap

Hi,

has anybody used the auth-fw which protects the access to an underlying
application subsitemap - look at the following snippet:

<map:pipeline>
  <!-- ================ -->
  <!-- The whole App    -->
  <!-- ================ -->
  <map:match pattern="**">
     <map:act type="auth-protect">
        <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>

        <!-- mount the app and delegate -->
        <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="&APP-SITEMAP;" uri-prefix=""/>

      </map:act>
      <!-- something was wrong, redirect to login page -->
      <map:redirect-to uri="login"/>
   </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

everything works ok, except the following case:
if request is not authenticated or the session is timedout, the redirect to
login fails.

cocoon version is 2.1-m2.

Any suggestions ?

Frank

Re: authentication-fw and subsitemap

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
> > * does the inputmodule substitution mechanism work for the "uri"
attribute
> > in "redirect-to"  element in my authhandler ?
> >
> No.

Is there a special reason for this ? In my usecase the only possible
solution would be an absolut url for the redirect-to element. This makes the
deployment harder.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
From: Frank Taffelt [mailto:frank.taffelt@interface-business.de]
> 2 questions:
> * i saw in the docs the the following example:
>
> <autentication-manager>
>   <handlers>
>     <!-- Now follows the handlers configuration -->
>     <handler name="unique">
>       <!-- The login resource -->
>       <redirect-to uri="cocoon:raw://loginpage"/>
>       <authentication uri="cocoon:raw://authenticationresource"/>
>     </handler>
>   </handlers>
> </autentication-manager>
>
> what is the difference between "cocoon:raw://loginpage" and
> "cocoon://loginpage" ?

When using the cocoon:raw, the request parameters from the client
are not passed to the internal pipeline (loginpage). Without
":raw" they are.

> * does the inputmodule substitution mechanism work for the "uri" attribute
> in "redirect-to"  element in my authhandler ?

No.

Carsten

Re: authentication-fw and subsitemap

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.

> The auth-protect action does the redirect by itself. It redirects
> to the login configuration of your authhandler.

OK.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.