Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Brueggemann, Eric" <Er...@CTNY.COM> on 2000/08/01 17:25:14 UTC

Rewriting URL's on Win32

Hi all,

I'm using Apache, mod_jserv, mod_rewrite, and Tomcat on a Win2000 box.
I have mod_jserv specified before mod_rewrite, as suggested in all the
faq's.

What I want to accomplish is:

  ApJServMount /sample/servlet /sample
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule ^/index\.html$  /sample/servlet/HelloServlet [PT]

Essentially, I'd like to access http://localhost/index.html and end up
viewing the output of my HelloServlet.

Once /index.html is rewritten to /sample/servlet/HelloServlet, mod_jserv
properly kicks in and sends the request to Tomcat.  However, when Tomcat
gets the request, it ends up supplying its index.html file in its /ROOT
context.  Notice that this isn't even a context I've mounted...  Is
Tomcat even seeing my rewritten request? What the heck is it doing?

FWIW, an external request to
http://localhost/sample/servlet/HelloServlet works fine.

I'll admit that I'm unfamiliar with the interaction between mod_jserv
and tomcat.  How is this request processed?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Eric