Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com> on 2007/01/01 17:49:39 UTC

Re: I have deployed build , using root user ,

> I have deployed build using root user on tomcat 5.0

 Lesson No 1: Never run Tomcat as root

Write that down for at least 100 times

Getting serious again:

What do you want to delete? The Tomcat-Installation? A web-app that
you distributed?

Please be specific

Cheers

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

RE: I have deployed build , using root user ,

Posted by Vijay Hatewar <vi...@persistent.co.in>.
Thanks

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Vijay Hatewar [mailto:vijay_hatewar@persistent.co.in]
> Subject: RE: I have deployed build , using root user ,
>
> I tried with "ant clean" from root, I got the message build is clean
> successfully. but when If I would deploy build using my
> profile , I got the message build unsuccessful .

Sounds like the ownership and permissions on some of the Tomcat
directories are getting confused.  You may be able to straighten it out
with the manager app, but I suspect you're going to have to log on as
root to clean things up properly.  Then again, it could be something as
simple as a badly constructed webapp, which could also result in
deployment failure.

To access Tomcat's manager webapp, you'll need to have a userid defined
with a role name of manager in whatever authentication mechanism you're
using with Tomcat (by default, it's just the conf/tomcat-users.xml
file).  Then either bring up the Tomcat home page in your browser and
click on the Tomcat Manager link on the left side, or directly enter the
appropriate URL:
http://[hostname][:port]/manager/html

After entering an acceptable userid and password, you'll see a list of
applications, their statuses, and commands to use with them.  Below that
is an area you can use to deploy additional apps.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: I have deployed build , using root user ,

Posted by Vijay Hatewar <vi...@persistent.co.in>.
I tried with "ant clean" from root, I got the message build is clean
successfully. but when If I would deploy build using my profile , I got the
message build unsuccessful .
What would be appropriate command for the same. Please writ me.
regards
Vijay
Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Vijay Hatewar <vi...@persistent.co.in>.
I want to delete the web app that I have deployed .the code etc ..
Regards
Vijay

> I have deployed build using root user on tomcat 5.0

 Lesson No 1: Never run Tomcat as root

Write that down for at least 100 times

Getting serious again:

What do you want to delete? The Tomcat-Installation? A web-app that
you distributed?

Please be specific

Cheers

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

DISCLAIMER