Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Nodir Kodirov <no...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/04 08:14:12 UTC

Can I run deltacloud server in a different physical machine?

Hello all!

I have confusion about deltacloud deployment. I have three cloud
deployments. Can I access all of them via single installation of
deltacloud?
For example: I have OpenNebula cloud controller in server A, OpenStack
cloud controller in server B and Eucalyptus in server C. Can I install
deltacloud server in server D and install/run deltacloud client from
server E. If yes, should I install deltacloud server in each cloud
controller server or is it possible to install single deltacloud
server and run it for all three clouds?
Note: all servers are in difference physical machines.

Kind regards,
Nodir.

Re: Can I run deltacloud server in a different physical machine?

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
On 04/11/11 09:14, Nodir Kodirov wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I have confusion about deltacloud deployment. I have three cloud
> deployments. Can I access all of them via single installation of
> deltacloud?

yes

> For example: I have OpenNebula cloud controller in server A, OpenStack
> cloud controller in server B and Eucalyptus in server C. Can I install
> deltacloud server in server D and install/run deltacloud client from
> server E. If yes, should I install deltacloud server in each cloud
> controller server or is it possible to install single deltacloud
> server and run it for all three clouds?

ok, you can do this in two ways.

1) You can run a single deltacloud server. You need to choose a
'default' provider. For example, to start the server on your machine
with address '192.168.1.101' with your euca setup as default:

deltacloudd -i eucalyptus -p 3001 -P
"ec2=192.168.1.1:8773;s3=192.168.1.1:8773" -r 192.168.1.101

where '-p' is the port the deltacloud server listens on and '-P'
specifies where your euca setup lives, and '-r' specifies the address
for the server to bind to (the address of the machine on which
deltacloud is started and will be accepting connections on). Now, any
requests to 192.168.1.101:3001/api will be interacting with your euca setup.

To use this server to interact with your other cloud setups, you can use
matrix parameters in the requests:

e.g. requests to
192.168.1.101:3001/api;driver=opennebula;provider=address.of.your.opennebula.server:port

see http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/drivers.html for info on how
you can use the matrix params to specify the drivers/providers in
requests. For example, you can also specify driver/provider using
request headers rather than matrix params (X-Deltacloud-Driver and
X-Deltacloud-Provider).

2) The second way to do this, is to start three seperate instances of
your deltacloud server. They can all be on the same machine, using
different ports:

deltacloudd -i eucalyptus -p 3001 -P
"ec2=192.168.1.1:8773;s3=192.168.1.1:8773"

deltacloudd -i opennebula -p 3002 -P "address.of.your.opennebula.setup:port"

deltacloudd -i openstack -p 3003 -P "address.of.your.openstack.setup:port"

hope that helps you get started -  feel free to ask
more/clarifications/specific issues when you try to do any of the above,.

marios

Either run 3 seperate instances of the deltacloud server (they can all
be on the same machine) listening on different ports: