Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ricardo Pertuz <ri...@kuasar.co> on 2022/11/01 18:16:29 UTC

Windows Server - Admin and Password

Hi,

I’m trying to launch a Windows Server so I understand that when deploying a Windows machine I have add a private key however the returned password it not working

  1.  What is the username to access via RDP?
  2.  How Can I decrypt the Encrypted.Password?

Regards,

Ricardo P

Re: Windows Server - Admin and Password

Posted by Ricardo Pertuz <ri...@kuasar.co>.
Cool I will check that. Thanks!

From: Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>
Date: Tuesday, 1 November 2022, 4:03 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: Ricardo Pertuz <ri...@kuasar.co>
Subject: Re: Windows Server - Admin and Password
Hi,

In addition to marking the Windows template as "password enabled" you
also need to install the right software _in_ the VM, these days people
opt for cloudbase-init, but if you just want something simple try the
original/old msi package:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudstack/files/Password%20Management%20Scripts/CloudInstanceManager.msi/download

HTH

---