Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Hutchings <pa...@mira.co.uk> on 2007/04/01 12:40:12 UTC

New server - which rulesets?

What's the current thinking on the best rulesets to use to catch the
most spam whilst generating fewest false positives?

I'm building a new relay and so far I'm running the default rules
(updated by sa-update) and the rules from the OpenProtect sa-update
channel.

Any suggestions what other rulesets I should be looking at?  As with
most sites image spam seems to be on the increase lately.

TIA,
Paul
--
Paul Hutchings
Network Administrator, MIRA Ltd.

Re: New server - which rulesets?

Posted by "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <mi...@blacknight.ie>.
Paul Hutchings wrote:
> What's the current thinking on the best rulesets to use to catch the
> most spam whilst generating fewest false positives?

How long is a piece of string?

Without knowing what kind of users you have and what kind of thresholds
you've set it's an impossible question to answer

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions