Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/03/09 04:36:43 UTC

Removing old releases from the mirror system.

Folks,

It appears that we are the biggest consumer of disk space in
www.apache.org/dist.  Here is the top 2 folks

> 2362288 geronimo
> 1083778 portals

Based on that I'd like to remove 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0-M1 and 2.0-M2 from
the dist tree.  Seems to make sense to only keep the most recent
versions in this area anyway.

If there are no objections I'll remove these but this beg's the
question about archiving for posterity.  I'm not sure if there is any
policy around this so thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Re: Removing old releases from the mirror system.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Where are the 1.0 and 1.1 dists archived to?  I don't think they
should be removed unless there is some other place to find them.

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Aight then... nuke the old releases from the mirrored dist tree :-)

  * * *

Do we have links to the archives on the website?

--jason

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.