Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by ajisakaa <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp> on 2015/05/20 09:10:05 UTC

Re: “dfs.namenode.service.handler.count” and “dfs.namenode.handler.count”

Hi jason,

Looked around the source-code, both parameters are not deprecated.

dfs.namenode.service.handler.count : Specifies the number of
threads for NameNode to handle RPC requests from DataNodes,
standby NameNode, and all other non-client nodes
(BackupNode and SecondaryNameNode). Default to 10.
This parameter is valid only if dfs.namenode.servicerpc-address
is configured. If the parameter is configured, NameNode
initializes extra RPC server to handle requests from
non-client nodes.

dfs.namenode.handler.count : Specifies the number of threads
for NameNode to handle RPC requests. Default to 10.

I'll file a jira to document dfs.namenode.service.handler.count.

Regards,
Akira

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
RPC Response from NameNode can become slow.
Timeouts can happen in the worst case.

Regards,
Akira

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.