Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Stephen Smith <ss...@dev.swurv.net> on 2002/12/16 16:14:00 UTC

Disk cache persistence

The disk auxiliary cache info page mentions:

----------
When the disk cache is properly shutdown, the memory index is written to
disk and the value file is defragmented. When the cache starts up, the
disk cache can be configured to read or delete the index file.
----------

To save the cache at shutdown I'm currently doing:

----------
theCache.save();
CompositeCacheManager.getInstance().freeCache(CACHE_REGION_NAME);

But I'm having trouble finding a reference as to how to have the disk
cache read in the existing file at startup time. How should this be done?

Stephen

Re: Disk cache persistence

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@jamestaylor.org>.
In theory: if the disk cache was disposed properly, it will
automatically re-read the key file into memory on startup, if the file
exists.