Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rats123 <ra...@tester.co.nz> on 2011/03/07 23:02:03 UTC

Aggregate results don't add up correctly

I ran a test for 1/2 an hour using the scheduler to start and stop the tests.
I know the test started on time and finished on records written to the
database. However when I multipled the aggregate_report_count by the average
and summed up the total I got a number greater thatn 1800 seconds (1/2 an
hour).

Any ideas what is happening here?

Re: Aggregate results don't add up correctly

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 03/10/2011 10:04 PM, rats123 wrote:
> I don't think there was any rounding error. The test was run for 1 hour as it
> was started and stopped using a scheduler.
>
> I multipled the sample count by the average and summed up the total. The
> total came to around 73 minutes.
>
> I've repeated this test for different durations and still get the same
> problem. Very strange ...

That's about 25%, which sounds like a lot.

Still - how many samples contribute to this figure? I'd like to get a
feel of just how wrong the results would need to be to throw off your
math like that.

Regards,
Felix

Re: Aggregate results don't add up correctly

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Sounds like a rounding error to me. What number did you get from the
multiplication?

Re: Aggregate results don't add up correctly

Posted by rats123 <ra...@tester.co.nz>.
Hi,

Thanks for your post.

This test was just for 1 thread.

Re: Aggregate results don't add up correctly

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 03/07/2011 11:02 PM, rats123 wrote:
> I ran a test for 1/2 an hour using the scheduler to start and stop the tests.
> I know the test started on time and finished on records written to the
> database. However when I multipled the aggregate_report_count by the average
> and summed up the total I got a number greater thatn 1800 seconds (1/2 an
> hour).
>
> Any ideas what is happening here?

Hum. If you're running, say, 2 threads, wouldn't their times add up to
about twice your test duration?