Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/16 13:06:57 UTC

Qpid-cpp-release-test job disabled on ASF Jenkins

Hi all,

Just a heads up, I have disabled the Qpid-cpp-release-test job on Jenkins.

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-cpp-release-test/

It has run around 75 times in the last few days at ~45min per run. Burning
this much time on the under-resourced Jenkins nodes will not make us any
friends.

Robbie

Re: Qpid-cpp-release-test job disabled on ASF Jenkins

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 11:53 -0500, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 19:14 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > It seems to have been running way more than every checkin as there were
> > only a handful of commits that could have triggered it in that time period.
> > I didn't particularly look why it was doing that (and am now on vacation)
> > but it could be configured to run once a day, yes.
>
> Robbie - thanks for being attentive.
>
> I thought I had it configured to run on every checkin - I'll recheck,
> and preferably re-enable to run not too often as I think we do need CI
> for the release.

I've changed the repo polling to twice a day, and re -enabled the build.
(previously it was polling every 15 minutes)

Hopefully this won't add too much load.

Andrew

Re: Qpid-cpp-release-test job disabled on ASF Jenkins

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.