Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ma...@jpmorgan.com> on 2006/09/08 10:10:18 UTC

Wiki Change list [was Re: Re: wiki vote]

Do we have to stick to -dev and -commits could we not have a -wiki or is
that just going over the top?

I guess the emails will have suitable subject string or from address that
can be used to filter the mail. For all the lucky people that have decent
mail clients.
As long as that is the case then I have no strong preference.

--
Martin

"Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@gmail.com>
2006-09-07 23:43
Please respond to qpid-dev

        To:     qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org, cctrieloff@redhat.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Re: wiki vote

Sure -- I can do this (and I'll point to what I did afterwards).

But first, where would you all like the diffs to go when someone makes
a non-insignificant change/addition to a wiki page?  to the -dev list
or the -commits list?

If you want to make this list really just be discussion and are afraid
of lots of wiki updates being noisy, we could put it on -commits.  But
if you think the wiki updates *are* the conversation and that people
who don't want to monitor code changes might want to follow wiki
updates, then we could have it go to -dev.

Personally, I would go for -commits, but I think either choice is
reasonable.

Any strong preferences out there?

Cliff

On 9/7/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Cliff, I have been off-line but it looks like MoinMoin is the desired
> chose. There is
> Confluence content but I think lets just go MoinMoin and we work out
> what is needed
> to convert the content.
>
> Can you do the required to get it set up.
>
> Carl.
>
> Alan Conway wrote:
> > There appears to be consensus for moinmoin - what's the next step? I
> > have some stuff I'd like to write up.
> >
> > On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 15:50 -0700, Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> Personally, I'd start a formal vote thread and compare numbers only
if
> >> consensus isn't obvious from this discussion.  I guess we'll find
that
> >> out soon enough...
> >>
> >> Cliff

Confluence
http://wiki.apache.org
Confluence.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Re: Wiki Change list [was Re: Re: wiki vote]

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
+1 for NOT mailing wiki changes to a list.
+-0 for -commit or -wiki if its mandatory
-lots for using -dev list.

MoinMoin already provides both RSS and email notification for people who
want it, and with considerably better control over what you want to see
than a mailing list.

Cheers,
Alan.