Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rob McEwen <ro...@invaluement.com> on 2019/08/26 01:24:05 UTC

announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6571558988201148416/

--
Rob McEwen
https://www.invaluement.com

Re: announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019, Alex Woick wrote:

> & G-Suite) - is now fundamentally broken.  Within days, invaluement is going
>> to be releasing a game-changing service that is going to knock the
>> whole industry back into fearing the consequences of spamming - the way
>> it used to be - and SHOULD be - except with FAR LESS collateral damage
>> than traditional blacklists.
>
> Fearing consequences?

Heh. "Fearing consequences." I've said this for a long time and I still
believe it to be true: spammers will continue spamming until they start
*dying* for doing so.

   Democrats '61: Ask not what your country can do for you,
    ask what you can do for your country.
   Democrats '16 & '18: Ask not what your country can do for you,
    DEMAND IT!
  2 days until Exercise Your Rights day

Re: announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

Posted by Alex Woick <al...@wombaz.de>.
& G-Suite) - is now fundamentally broken.  Within days, invaluement is
going
> to be releasing a game-changing service that is going to knock the whole
> industry back into fearing the consequences of spamming - the way it
> used to
> be - and SHOULD be - except with FAR LESS collateral damage than
> traditional
> blacklists.
Fearing consequences? Well, a real game changer would be if spamming is
outlawed, and the next day after a spamming "campaign" law enforcement
confiscate the servers used, as well as any income generated and used IP
addresses returned to IANA.
But this would be too customer-friendly I suppose (the part with
outlawing spamming), as well as fundamentally impossible (the part with
confiscating equipment, income and IP addresses).

Re: announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 26.08.19 15:17, Axb wrote:
>I meant: what is in the "tease"?

ANNOUNCEMENT: The current status quo of the entire ESP and mail-sending
ecosystem, including the organizations that are suppose to "help" them play
by the rules (maawg, Return Path, 250OK, ALL blacklists, + sending from O365
& G-Suite) - is now fundamentally broken.  Within days, invaluement is going
to be releasing a game-changing service that is going to knock the whole
industry back into fearing the consequences of spamming - the way it used to
be - and SHOULD be - except with FAR LESS collateral damage than traditional
blacklists.  This technology will then be shared with other blacklists - so
that they can partake in this industry "reset".  It will be at least as
monumental as the release of the first URI/domain blacklist (of which I was
heavily involved).

How does cat play with mouse? cat /dev/mouse

Re: announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 8/26/19 1:54 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Monday 26 August 2019 at 13:29:45, Axb wrote:
>
>> On 8/26/19 3:24 AM, Rob McEwen wrote:
>>> announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)
>>>
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6571558988201148416/
>>
>> I don't do linkedin - what is it?
>
> Social networking for professional people.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkedin

I meant: what is in the "tease"?

Re: announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

Posted by Antony Stone <An...@spamassassin.open.source.it>.
On Monday 26 August 2019 at 13:29:45, Axb wrote:

> On 8/26/19 3:24 AM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> > announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)
> >
> > https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6571558988201148416/
>
> I don't do linkedin - what is it?

Social networking for professional people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkedin

Antony.

--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
    printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
	- thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: announcement about invaluement (or more like a tease?)

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.