Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Christopher Jones <ch...@hotmail.de> on 2013/01/07 14:09:03 UTC

SSL Trouble connection to WebService endpoint

Hello,

I´m using Dot.CMIS 0.4 with Visual Studio 2010 and I´m trying to establish a simple Console Applikation to verify CMIS´s functionality.
Connection to a repository seems to work fine with with ATOMPub and alle the code snippets you provide are working so far.

But I´m really getting nowhere with WebService. When I connect to a CMIS respoistory (no Matter if Alfresco, SharePoint oder Domea) I  always receive the following errormessage:
"The provided URI scheme 'http' is invalid; expected 'https'."

Example:
String bindingType = "WebService";
ISession session;
SessionFactory factory = SessionFactory.NewInstance();

session = factory.GetRepositories(getParameters())[0].CreateSession(); -> throws the exception

[...]
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.BindingType] = BindingType.WebServices;
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesRepositoryService] = url + "/RepositoryService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesAclService] = url + "/ACLService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesDiscoveryService] = url + "/DiscoveryService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesMultifilingService] = url + "/MultiFilingService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesNavigationService] = url + "/NavigationService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesObjectService] = url + "/ObjectService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesPolicyService] = url + "/PolicyService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesRelationshipService] = url + "/RelationshipService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.WebServicesVersioningService] = url + "/VersioningService?wsdl";
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.User] = user;
                    parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.Password] = password;
                    parameters[SessionParameter.RepositoryId] = repositoryId;
[...]
Any ideas where to find a solution for that?

thank,
Christopher

Re: SSL Trouble connection to WebService endpoint

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
 Hi Christopher,

 That is a restriction imposed by the .Net Framework.
 It only allows HTTPS connections when UsernameTokens are used for
 authentication.
 (See also DotCMIS README file.)

 Florian