Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Evan McGee <ev...@ringplus.net> on 2013/04/19 03:04:02 UTC

Unable to find provider VpcVirtualRouter in physical network

Hello,

We recently upgraded our from 3.0.2 to 4.0.1 (all servers/agents running under CentOS 6.3) and everything went swimmingly. But now we're hitting an issue: we're attempting to create a VPC but keep getting this error when attempting to add it: "Provider VpcVirtualRouter should be enabled in at least one physical network of the zone specified"

From: /var/log/cloud/management/management-server.log:
	2013-04-18 19:00:31,316 WARN  [cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl] (catalina-exec-19:null) Unable to find provider VpcVirtualRouter in physical network id=1

We're running a single Advanced Zone with a single physical network.

The default 4.0.1 VPC network offerings exist and are enabled. One interesting thing to note: when I head to Zones--->...--->Network Service Providers --> VPC Virtual Router, it marked as "Disabled" but when I click on the link it brings up the [Network | Instances] screen it never resolves past the pulsating "loading" graphic.

From: /var/log/cloud/management/api-server.log:
	GET command=listNetworkServiceProviders&physicalnetworkid=XXXXX&name=VpcVirtualRouter&response=json&sessionkey=XXXX1366332171874 200 { "listnetworkserviceprovidersresponse" : { } }

Does anyone have an idea of how to get the provider enabled in our existing zone?

Cheers,
Evan

Re: Unable to find provider VpcVirtualRouter in physical network

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:40:16PM -0700, Evan McGee wrote:
> Hi Alena,
>
> Thanks for the tips - very useful. It appears as though the VpcVirtualRouter was inserted correctly during the upgrade (which we followed, using the repos for kvm upgrade, from http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Release_Notes/upgrade-instructions.html#upgrade-from-3.0.2-to-4.0.1).
>
> Executing addNetworkServiceProvider returns: "com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: The 'VpcVirtualRouter' provider already exists on physical network : 1"
>
> The return:
>
> <listnetworkserviceprovidersresponse cloud-stack-version='4.0.1.20130201075054'>
>   <networkserviceprovider>
>     <name>VpcVirtualRouter</name>
>     <physicalnetworkid>d476a2f1-bd3d-4abe-9d8e-2ca0eebdf1e2</physicalnetworkid>
>     <destinationphysicalnetworkid>0</destinationphysicalnetworkid>
>     <state>Disabled</state>
>     <id>4b13f9ba-2431-4a9e-e4fd-b8346bedf83b</id>
>   </networkserviceprovider>
> <SNIP>
> </listnetworkserviceprovidersresponse>
>
> So that's good - it appears the upgrade did add it to the physical network. However running the next command fails with a very non-descriptive error:
>
> Executing: createVirtualRouterElement&nspid= 4b13f9ba-2431-4a9e-e4fd-b8346bedf83b&apikey= .... 530 Failed to add Virtual Router entity to physical network"
> catalina.out:  WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (catalina-exec-8:) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Failed to add Virtual Router entity to physical network

You should do a configureVirtualRouterElement&nspid=<yourid>&enabled=true since the provider is already present.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Unable to find provider VpcVirtualRouter in physical network

Posted by Evan McGee <ev...@ringplus.net>.
Hmm.. getting closer.  I managed to get the virtual router element added & enabled via createVirtualRouterElement and configureVirtualRouterElement. I upgraded to 4.0.2 and perhaps that helped.

However, when trying to change state=Enabled with updateNetworkServiceProvider I'm still getting the "Provider is not ready" error: https://gist.github.com/emcgee/a2e70733e898625dfa38

FWIW, here's a gist of the output from listVirtualRouterElements, listNetworkServiceProviders, and listPhysicalNetworks:  https://gist.github.com/emcgee/0c579f5bb250fc7261e0

- Evan

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.