Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com> on 2012/11/14 13:22:46 UTC

RE: Apache Solr Quiz

I am almost beginner for Solr. So this quiz site is very helpful for education training.
Could you let me add a question to this site?

Q.
The documents are ranked by the "Score" which is calculated by the "Nearness" of document and query.
This score is tend to increase depending on the length of query because the longer query is the more coincidence match with field.
So Solr is automatically adjusting this score with using the number of "Norm" for not to increase the score in the case of the longer query.
If you do NOT want to reflect this Norm to the score, which of attributes below should be described in fieldType?

NoNorms="true"
editNorms="true"
omitNorms="true"

A.
omitNorms="true"

I hope this question will be added into the site.

Suganuma
Recruit Technologies