Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Corda, Ugo" <Ug...@usa.xerox.com> on 1999/12/07 00:14:04 UTC

Pages Count problem in generated PDF

I noticed that, at least in my environment (WinNT 4.0, xml4j 2.0.15) both
FOP 0.11.0 and 0.12.0 generate a PDF file which contains a Pages object
whose Count attribute is set to 0. If I open the PDF with Acrobat 4.0, I
don't get any error, but at the time I decide to close the file Acrobat asks
me whether I want to save the changes (changes that evidently Acrobat put
in). If I say yes, Acrobat creates a PDF 1.3 copy of the original PDF 1.2
file, with the Count parameter set to the correct number of pages. On the
other hand, if I open the original PDF generated by FOP with a text editor
and I manually correct the Count value, everything is fine: the PDF displays
the way it is supposed to, and Acrobat does not modify the file.

I would also like to mention a problem I encountered with Cocoon when
generating the PDF on the fly through FOP (instead of generating the PDF
locally by running FOP from the command line), even though I am not sure
whether this second problem is in any way related to the first one. What
happens is that at the time my browser (IE 4.0) receives the response from
the Cocoon server, the PDF file displays as a blank page, but if I ask the
browser to refresh the page I then get the PDF to display correctly.

Did anybody encounter similar problems?

Thank you,

Ugo Corda
Principal Engineer
Xerox Corp.

Re: Pages Count problem in generated PDF

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.
I've got the same problem, but you must know that IE doesn't use correctly
the 'Content-Type' header field.
If it works with Netscape, it's a problem with IE...

Eric.

Eric SCHAEFFER
eschaeffer@posterconseil.com

POSTER CONSEIL