Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/02/07 21:48:24 UTC

I need another pair of eyes

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
         at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:990)
         at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.system.AbstractContainer.getHandler(AbstractContainer.java:291)
         at com.infoplanning.printnode.PrintNode.setupNotifier(PrintNode.java:188)
         at com.infoplanning.printnode.PrintNode.configure(PrintNode.java:95)
         at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.system.ContainerManager.initializeContainer(ContainerManager.java:306)
         at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.system.ContainerManager.recycleContainer(ContainerManager.java:379)
         at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.system.ContainerManager.<init>(ContainerManager.java:209)
         at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.system.ContainerManager.<init>(ContainerManager.java:183)
         at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.system.ContainerManager.<init>(ContainerManager.java:173)
         at com.infoplanning.printnode.Main.main(Main.java:72)

I am getting this exception from my Container that is extending AbstractContainer.

The problem is that JDK 1.4 is complainging that the Handler does not have a constructor
that matches the signature in ContainerManager.HANDLER_CONSTRUCTOR.  It appears to be
the same, Does anyone have a clue that can help me out?

The only other thing I can think of to do is to have the default constructor and add the
elements in a setup() method.  I may have to do that just to get beyond this.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: I need another pair of eyes

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

I think I found it: constructors were declared with protected access.