Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by James Smith <ci...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/01 18:03:27 UTC

Restoring Cloudstack DB with Missing /etc/cloudstack/management/key

I have a cloudstack management instance I'm trying to restore but didn't
back up the /etc/cloudstack/management/key which encrypts given fields in
the db.  Having restored it I'm getting jaspyr exceptions due to the key
being different, I'd like to override those with newly necrypted values.
Is this possible? Which fields should I look to replace in particular?

Thanks

James

Re: Re[2]: GRE Isolation Performance

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi David,

All I know is that you need NSX-mh (multi hypervisor version) and that works with KVM and xenserver.

The licensing options changed a lot since it became VMware.

Also checkout Nuage, they are actively maintaining and supporting their plugin (whereas the Nicira plugin was made by the community).

Both controllers need to be licensed so that brings in extra costs one way or the other. But they also bring in many new features not possible without SDN.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by David Amorín <da...@adderglobal.com>.

Re: Re[4]: GRE Isolation Performance

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.
David,

Cross host private network (CHPN) performance in XenServer will be slower
than VXLAN because traffic in the GRE tunnel is encrypted.  At the time
CHPN was implemented in 2010, VXLAN wasn't as well established as it is
today, and we had a requirement of the communication being private.  There
were internal performance docs at the time which showed dom0 CPU usage
maxed out with something like 100 tunnels from a host, so I'm not the least
bit surprised with your observations.

In looking at the support for VXLAN in XenServer, I'm of the opinion there
isn't anything which would prevent the existing CS VXLAN implementation for
KVM from being expanded to include XenServer.  I however lack the
infrastructure to test this theory.

-tim

Posted by David Amorín <da...@adderglobal.com>.
Hi Remi,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Amorín <da...@adderglobal.com>.

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
VXLAN is very fast. We've been testing it in our lab for our next gen platform. Note that the VXLAN implementation in CloudStack today was built with KVM support only and uses the native linux VXLAN support (with multicast).

As Remi pointed out, other options for you include Nicira (VMware NSX MH) and we've also been investigating Nuage (uses VXLAN and MPLS over GRE under the covers).

- Si

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi David,

GRE Isolation Performance

Re: External VPN

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Depends on how you want to use it / how much integration you want.

You could configure a shared network and set up the VPN routes on the
router, or add it manually to guest vms.

Another aproach is to configure a VPC, and add it via the private gateway
feature.

--
Erik

External VPN

Posted by David Amorín <da...@adderglobal.com>.
Hi,

EIP - Advanced Network and VPC

Posted by David Amorín <da...@adderglobal.com>.
Hi all,
I was wondering if it is possible to implement EIP (Elastic IP) with VPC or Advanced zones

Thanks for your help

David

RE: Restoring Cloudstack DB with Missing /etc/cloudstack/management/key

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
That should be possible. It is not perfectly clear which key is out of sync, but if you are looking to replace the mgmt secret key located in /etc/cloudstack/management/key then you only need to replace the new value for property " db.cloud.encrypt.secret" in /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties.

Regards,
Somesh