Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 22:38:27 UTC

Broker Hangs after some time - or does nothing.

I am using Activemq-5.10.SNAPSHOT and implementing with replicated leveldb.

After few messages consumer stop processing messages. Messages just stay on
queue. nothing happens. Client cannot send anymore messges. I dont see any
exception on client side. I dont see any exception on server logs.

I saw some exception in logs :

2014-02-05 14:01:28,247 | DEBUG | Running WriteCheck[tcp://
10.190.225.214:44179] |
org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor | ActiveMQ
InactivityMonitor Worker
2014-02-05 14:01:28,285 | DEBUG | Transport Connection to: tcp://
10.190.237.125:58514 failed: java.io.EOFException |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ
Transport: tcp:///10.190.237.125:58514@61616
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:275)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:221)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:213)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:196)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
2014-02-05 14:01:28,285 | DEBUG | Unregistering MBean
org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=activemq,connector=clientConnectors,connectorName=openwire,connectionViewType=clientId,connectionName=ID_RHEL6u2-001-1-38845-1391630198629-0_1
| org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///10.190.237.125:58514@61616
2014-02-05 14:01:28,285 | DEBUG | Transport Connection to: tcp://
10.190.237.125:58519 failed: java.io.EOFException |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ
Transport: tcp:///10.190.237.125:58519@61616
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:275)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:221)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:213)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:196)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
2014-02-05 14:01:28,285 | DEBUG | Unregistering MBean
org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=activemq,connector=clientConnectors,connectorName=openwire,connectionViewType=remoteAddress,connectionName=tcp_//10.190.237.125_58514
| org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///10.190.237.125:58514@61616

but after that everything in normal.

any suggestions where to start troubleshooting.

thanks,
chirag

Re: Broker Hangs after some time - or does nothing.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
is there any possibility you could build a test case to capture your use case?

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Broker Hangs after some time - or does nothing.

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.
so far no luck. I see that in our dev environment. i am not sure how to fix
it. if you figure out anything please share.

thanks,

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.
I tried again and this time I didnt send bunch of messages at same time. I
noticed that some message gets processed right away but some messges stays
on queue and doesnt get processed. If send few more messges let say 50
messages and it processes 40 messages and 10 msgs left on queue. I can send
more messages but not all get processed.

I am attaching config file. I have enabled producerFlowControl and removed
slowConsumerStrategy. I am using activemq-5.10-SNAPSHOT.

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.
I didnt had slowConsumerStrategybefore but I thought if connection are not
being closed properly this would help to shut those connection that's why I
added it.

Yes producers and consumer uses same connections.

I dont see any problem with heap size or queue usage size.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.
I am not using cpp client.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.

Posted by Chirag Pujara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Ah, it's possible to change the subject.  Got it.

Re: ActiveMQ to Apollo

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
OK, something is very wrong here.  On Nabble, I clearly click on "Broker
Hangs after some time - or does nothing." but then, reply shows Subject "Re:
ActiveMQ to Apollo".

Very odd.

Re: ActiveMQ to Apollo

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Hey Erik - I think you inadvertently hijacked another thread.  Please repost
your question by creating a new thread.  I would do it for you, but then it
won't be linked to you.

ActiveMQ to Apollo

Posted by "Erik S. Peterson" <pe...@ldschurch.org>.
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a few questions as we are evaluating ActiveMQ, Apollo, and other message brokers. Please redirect me if there is a better place for Apollo questions.

1) Apollo is the new ActiveMQ yes? If we want to upgrade from ActiveMQ 1.5...the only upgrade path is Apollo right?
2) Apollo seems immature at this stage. But is it being used in highly critical production environments? If not, when do you anticipate it being ready for such?
3) Generally, where is Apollo strong and where is it weak. A vague question, but in comparison to ActiveMQ, where does Apollo really excel or fall short?
4) What companies are providing commercial support for Apollo or backing its development?
5) I was pleased when seeing that Apollo is leveraging Scala...only to find out that some major architecture changes had taken place and that Scala doesn't appear to actually be well leveraged. For example, rather than using Akka, Apollo uses HawtDispatch...Akka used HawtDispatch at one time but dropped this library 3 years ago in favor of a native, faster, generally more capable design. It seams that a better direction would be for Apollo to wrap Akka and add other ActiveMQ items. But please share your design thinking and future direction.

Thank you!