Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au> on 2008/12/18 03:47:14 UTC

axis2, cxf, spring or Metro

Hi,
We are evaluating different ws platforms to select the most suitable one for our big projects to come in future. I would like to know whether axis2 is supporting JAX-WS which is the preferred standard. Seems adb is still buggy and no fully schema support.
Please advise us soon as this is a big decision to our company.

Re: axis2, cxf, spring or Metro

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shehan,

Can you please tell me what you mean  by "wsdl2java web service"? In Axis2
Jax-ws implementation You can simply put a jar file containing a webservice
annotated service class to servicejars directory and make it a web service.

if you want to make stubs from WSDL with jaxb binding you can use wsimport
tool.

thank you,
Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/

Re: axis2, cxf, spring or Metro

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

RE: axis2, cxf, spring or Metro

Posted by Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au>.
Hi Keith,
Thanx for the reply.
Could you please tell me axis2 tutorial which describe how to write a wsdl2java web service using jaxb binding? If I use jaxb data binding, that means I am using jax-ws, right?

Regards,
Shehan

Yes Axis2 does support JAX-WS. ADB does not have full schema support but it does support the 90% case very effectively. It supports the most widely used schema constructs and most of the time they are the only ones that you will be using. In case you need 100% schema support you could always use XMLBeans with Axis2. But ADB will give you the best performance.

I am not too familiar with the other frameworks but here are some points about Axis2. Axis2 performs very well and also is very extensible. If you find something that Axis2 lacks out of the box there are several plug points that you can plug into and get your job done the way you want. Also there are quite a few companies around that provide enterprise support for Axis2.

Thanks,
Keith.
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au>> wrote:

Hi,

We are evaluating different ws platforms to select the most suitable one for our big projects to come in future. I would like to know whether axis2 is supporting JAX-WS which is the preferred standard. Seems adb is still buggy and no fully schema support.

Please advise us soon as this is a big decision to our company.

--
Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org