Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Sm0k3rz <da...@italtbs.com> on 2007/05/13 10:30:49 UTC

BUILD ERROR FROM MAVEN maven-metadata-servicemix-m2-repo.xml

Hi to all,
yesterday i have made clean install of a SE and all work... but when maven
on compyling download an XML my maven don't build my application and i give
this error.
Do you have any idea, it seam that maven downalod corrupted files..

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-core' from
the repository: Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata
from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\.m2\repository\org\apache\servicemix\servicemix-core\3.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT\maven-metadata-servicemix-m2-repo.xml':
entity reference names can not start with character ' ' (position: START_TAG
seen ... list-style: none; }\r\nli { margin:0; padding: 0; }\r\n\r\n/*
HEADER & ... @18:13)
  org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-core:pom:3.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT

RE: BUILD ERROR FROM MAVEN maven-metadata-servicemix-m2-repo.xml

Posted by POWROZNIK Andre <an...@nrb.be>.
For me it does not work :-( I get another error message a few minutes after starting the compilation, related to apachemq.

However, I checked the maven-metadata-servicemix-m2-repo.xml file and it contains html code (styles and so and so). I think it is nor normal.

I think I will give up and simply try again in a few days :-)

Thank you anyway!

Posted by Sm0k3rz <da...@italtbs.com>.

Posted by Bummer <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by POWROZNIK Andre <an...@nrb.be>.
Hello,

It does not compile here, either. I started from scratch (I deleted my Maven repository and I took the latest code from SubVersion) and I tried executing the command "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dprofile=step1 install".

Before (on Friday) it was failing at "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dprofile=step2 install", but I still could install the Archetypes.

Kind regards,

Andre Powroznik

Here is my console:

Microsoft Windows XP [version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

P:\>C:

C:\>cd C:\Andre\ServiceMix

C:\Andre\ServiceMix>mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dprofile=step1 install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/1/apache-1.pom
3K downloaded
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   ServiceMix
[INFO]   Servicemix :: Build
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Core
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: JBI
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Services
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Core
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Audit
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Common
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Common
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Components
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: SOAP
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: SOAP2
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: BeanFlow
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Tooling
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Maven2 JBI Plugin
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Maven2 XFire Plugin
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Building ServiceMix
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for updates
 from apache-releases
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for updates
 from servicemix-m2-repo
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local = 'f5e634399a
b0b05c4590bb565a0275bf36e153fb'; remote = '<!DOCTYPE' - RETRYING
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local = 'f5e634399a
b0b05c4590bb565a0275bf36e153fb'; remote = '<!DOCTYPE' - IGNORING
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for updates
 from apache-incubating
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin: checking for updates
 from central
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' from
the repository: Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
 'C:\Documents and Settings\P06603\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven
-site-plugin\maven-metadata-servicemix-m2-repo.xml': entity reference names can
not start with character ' ' (position: START_TAG seen ... list-style: none; }\r
\nli { margin:0; padding: 0; }\r\n\r\n/* HEADER & ... @18:13)
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:pom:LATEST

[INFO] Total time: 6 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon May 14 09:23:42 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M

Posted by Sm0k3rz <da...@italtbs.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, thanks for this workaround.
This will only work if you have already the needed dependencies
in your local repo.  The 3.1 branch should compile completely now
and the trunk should work soon.

On 5/14/07, gritstone <p....@oclcpica.org> wrote:

> I've been able to compile and run our Maven servicemix applications by
> configuring a mirror for the repository that used to be at servicemix.org
> and was known to maven as 'servicemix-m2-repo'. I'm definately not a maven
> expert, so although these have worked for me I'm not in a position to say
> that they're a good idea or not, but hopefully they may help anyone stuck
> and not able to compile their servicemix applications until the maven
> references are updated to the correct repository.
>
> In my ~/.m2/settings.xml file I configured maven to use
> http://people.apache.org/repo as a mirror of the missing/lapsed
> repostiory,
> I also had to add a reference to a repository that contained opensaml as
> it
> wasn't found on the mirror (presumably it used to exist on servicemix.org
> ).
>
> <settings>
>    <profiles>
>      <profile>
>           <!-- Required following mirror of servicemix-m2-repo to support
> opensaml -->
>           <repository>
>              <id>intalio-repository</id>
>              <url>http://pxe.intalio.org/public/maven2/</url>
>           </repository>
>           <!-- END OF - Required following mirror of servicemix-m2-repo to
> support
> opensaml -->
>       </profile>
>     </profiles>
>     <!-- Mirror the servicemix.org Repository -->
>   <mirrors>
>     <mirror>
>       <id>apache-incubating</id>
>       <name>Apache Repository</name>
>       <url>http://people.apache.org/repo</url>
>       <mirrorOf>servicemix-m2-repo</mirrorOf>
>     </mirror>
>   </mirrors>
> </settings>
>

> krhansen wrote:
> >
> > I guess the real address of the servicemix homepage is
> > http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/home.html so it's probably okay
> > that the old domain has expired - only somebody should change the maven
> > references, so it won't go looking at servicemix.org.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

RE: BUILD ERROR FROM MAVEN maven-metadata-servicemix-m2-repo.xml

Posted by gritstone <p....@oclcpica.org>.
I've been able to compile and run our Maven servicemix applications by
configuring a mirror for the repository that used to be at servicemix.org

Posted by krhansen <ex...@vertigonetcare.com>.

Posted by POWROZNIK Andre <an...@nrb.be>.
The domain name has expired.

Posted by krhansen <ex...@vertigonetcare.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
These errors are caused by DNS problems on servicemix.org.
I'm trying to find a workaround.

Posted by Paul Glenn <Pa...@energy.sungard.com>.
Yes the xml file being downloaded turns out to be HTML and therefore can't be
processed.  A workaround is to go into the .m2/repository directory and
delete the org.apache.servicemix folder and re-build.  It takes longer
because it hase to redownload but it will keep you running.  I haven't
isolated the problem any further.

Paul

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The svn trunk and 3.1 branch versions should compile by now.
If you want to compile a a 3.0 or 3.1 release, you will have to set up
the maven mirror has indicated in this thread.