Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Antoine Contal <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 11:36:21 UTC

'rake spec' and scala

Hi!

When I run 'rake spec' on the trunk, I get 4 failures.  There are all
related to the following error message.

  Don't know how to build task
'/home/l/code/buildr/buildr-trunk/tmp/lib/scala-library.jar'

It seems that JRuby and Groovy are automatically downloaded during
'rake spec', but not scala.  Is there a reason for this?  What can I
do to make these tests succeed?

antoine

Re: 'rake spec' and scala

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Antoine Contal <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When I run 'rake spec' on the trunk, I get 4 failures.  There are all
> related to the following error message.
>
>  Don't know how to build task
> '/home/l/code/buildr/buildr-trunk/tmp/lib/scala-library.jar'
>
> It seems that JRuby and Groovy are automatically downloaded during
> 'rake spec', but not scala.  Is there a reason for this?  What can I
> do to make these tests succeed?

Correct.  It would be possible to download the scala runtime libraries and
compiler on-demand, it's just not been done that way yet.  We started out
using the scala command-line compiler (uses native scripts) but now we call
Java with the scala compiler and libs.  Long story short, it's now
possible.  I'll check into it.

For now, you need to download and install Scala locally.   I thought Assaf
had configured the tests to only run if you have Scala installed... ?

alex