Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Olivier Catteau <oc...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/02 11:41:20 UTC

Problems with special characters

Hi !

I've got big problems with special characters such as +, -, ", ', *, ...
I use a StandartAnalyzer and when I release a search with MultiFieldQueryParser. It makes my application crashing because I get an exception.
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 2.  ....

What is the solution to solve this problem ? because I need to be able to search strings such as "c++", "c#", ...

Thanks for your help.

Olivier