Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 14:26:15 UTC

[ACS45][ACS50][PROPOSAL] move forward feature freeze

LS,

When I seeing once again our release schedule shift, I think we have
no option but to move feature freeze for the next release forward.
This is the only way it seems we can reduce the complexity of the
total sum of changes. Therefore it is the only way we can prevent
lapsing even more in time without risking reduced quality of our next
release.
So I propose to move feature freeze forward by a month to be at the
19th of June (instead of July). I don't think we need to strictly move
code freeze forward as well but vigilance onto added features will be
necessary.

--
Daan

Re: [ACS45][ACS50][PROPOSAL] move forward feature freeze

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On May 29, 2014, at 9:34 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:

> In an effort to help keep our releases from getting out of hand, I think we
> should consider moving the Feature Proposal deadline up, as well.
>
> My main concern is that many people have three CloudStack-related "threads"
> executing right now, though:
>
> 1) People are still testing 4.4.
>
> 2) People are developing for 4.5.
>
> 3) People are now expected to think in detail earlier about the features
> they'd like to place in 4.6.

And 4.3 bugs are not being fixed...

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
<an...@citrix.com> wrote:

> "feature should be done (in it's branch) by 19th july. merging and fixing issues may take to mid august" that essentially means feature freeze (cutting the branch) by mid august

it means code freeze at mid august., not feature freeze.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

"feature should be done (in it's branch) by 19th july. merging and fixing issues may take to mid august" that essentially means feature freeze (cutting the branch) by mid august

Animesh

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.