Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Tabin Cédric -[ thecaptain ]-" <ta...@netplus.ch> on 2006/02/15 13:47:42 UTC

[Certificate] public key / private key

Hi all,

I've got a little understanding problem with those certificates. I follow
theses steps (with keytool) :
1) I create 2 keystores, with a key for each one of them
2) I sign (with -selfcert) both keys
3) I export the key (public key) into a file certificate.cer from the 1st
keystore
4) I import the certificater.cer into the 2nd keystore.

Now I've got 2 keys in my keystore : keyEntry (privatekey) and
trustedCertEntry (publickey)

So no I want to use this certificate to encrypt a soap message... so I
build my file crypto.properties and wsdd files to redirect onto the key.
But when I'm executing the program I obtain this error :
RemoteException : WSDoAllSender: Signature: error during message
procesingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Signature creation
failed; nested exception is:
	java.lang.Exception: Cannot find key for alias: publickey

I don't understand this exception... the private key isn't needed to
encrypt the soap body ???

Best regards

Tabin Cédric

Re: [Certificate] public key / private key

Posted by "Tabin Cédric -[ thecaptain ]-" <ta...@netplus.ch>.
re,

I updated my wss4j to 1.1 (on the website it is wrote "Latest version of
WSS4J is 1.0.0"). The encryption looks like working :) but the Server
Error is still thrown :( No one on the dev-axis mailing list answer me at
the moment... I don't know where I can find out more information about
this problem.

Best regards

Tabin cédric

Posted by "Tabin Cédric -[ thecaptain ]-" <ta...@netplus.ch>.