Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David J Snowsill <da...@calibreft.com.au> on 2001/02/12 23:54:27 UTC

Problems Converting from .5 to 1.0

Hi All,

I am currently migrating our Struts .5 based application to Struts 1.0.
After making what appears to be all the required changes I am having
problems clicking on links that refer to a Struts Action. The error message
appearing in the tomcat console is

2001-02-13 09:45:12 - Ctx( /aquaQP ): 500 R( /aquaQP + /showLogin.do + null)
No action instance for path /showLogin could be created

Any ideas?

Regards

David Snowsill

RE: Problems Converting from .5 to 1.0

Posted by Stefan Winz <sa...@gti.net>.
Yes, i had a similar problem for an action link that populates the instance
variables off a form from beans stored in the session.  I was using the name
attribute in the action mapping so that it would save the name of the form
that it set up.

I didn't really investigate, but I assume that the action assumes that this
form already exists by the time it gets to action.perform().

I made the name of the setup form a property off the Action instead and
removed the name attribute altogether.  That worked.

Hope this helps.