Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/15 06:27:51 UTC

Develop on Mac?

Has anyone tried starting James on Mac for development purposes?  Is Mac a
supported platform?

It's not working for me.  I am using James 3.0.M2

When I do:

./james start

It seems to start.  I see no errors in the log.  But when I do:

telnet localhost 4555

I get this:

Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying fe80::1...
telnet: connect to address fe80::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

& James dies.

Any ideas?

Re: Develop on Mac?

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Sorry, I brought a double confusion:
1. Seems like the extra file for xsd issue was added after 3.0-M2 in
META-INF.
2. Even with that extra file, I now remember I got a clear exception
stating the activemqcore xsd was not reachable. In you case, you don't
have such an exception.

If you start james from the bin folder with "./james start", you can
have a look in the wrapper.log file (in bin folder) which may contain
more information on the issue.
Also, you can run in foreground with "./run.sh" and see if more message
is shown.

Tks,

Eric

Re: Develop on Mac?