Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 07:25:45 UTC

Remove those specs and impl which are shipped by JRE 1.6

Hi,
    Since Geronimo 3.0 could only run 1.6+, I think we do not need to keep
those spec APIs and impl which are shipped by JRE, including JAXB API, JAXB
Impl, JAXWS, etc.
    If no objection, I would try to remove them from our dependency tree.
Any comment ?

--
Ivan

Re: Remove those specs and impl which are shipped by JRE 1.6

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I will check the version carefully, and only remove those which have
been shipped.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu December 3 2009 10:51:18 am Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Actually, Java EE 6 dictates which version of the specs we will need
> to support. For example, Java EE 6 requires JAX-WS 2.2 and JAXB 2.2
> but Sun JDK 6 ships with JAX-WS 2.1 and JAXB 2.1 at this point. And it
> used to be that Sun JDK 6 (_03 and less) shipped with JAX-WS 2.0 and
> JAXB 2.0. So we can't really rely on the JVM to provide the right set
> of APIs and instead we need to go with what EE spec requires.

All of which, BTW, is going to be a huge pain to get setup correctly due to
the newer versions that JEE needs having to be endorsed.   This is tricky to
do in maven right now.   I started a conversation last month about it:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200911.mbox/<20...@apache.org>

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Remove those specs and impl which are shipped by JRE 1.6

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.