Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@db.com> on 2007/08/03 18:15:23 UTC

RE: problem setting windows path for surefire tests

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, we seem to be hitting some other
problem.  The mere presence of the <PATH> seems to break the surefire
plugin.  Not only does it overwrite the system PATH but it ignores
whatever value we set.

thanks,
Nathan

"Dave Hoffer" <DH...@xrite.com>
30/07/2007 03:15
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: problem setting windows path for surefire tests

I don't claim to have the best answer but what we have done to run
surefire tests that require native code to be loaded on Windows is:

<plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <environmentVariables>
                        <PATH>${basedir}\..;${java.library.path}</PATH>
                    </environmentVariables>
                </configuration>
</plugin>

This was from a child module where the DLL was located at its parent's
folder.

-Dave

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You aren't specifying the surefire version in your <plugin>
declaration. Make sure you specify this somewhere (plugin declaration,
pluginManagement, etc).

Wayne

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
The overwrite system path problem is plexus-utils.

Perhaps you can build the surefire with latest plexus-utils ( 1.4.5) and
verify?

-D