Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com> on 2002/06/03 23:28:50 UTC

jdbcpool

I'm using the commons-pool, commons-dbcp to connect to mysql from tomcat
4.  Everything works fine when I develop but if I leave the site
unattened for a period of time, mysql times out the connections in the
pool.

I'd really like to set the maxIdle parameter to 0 so that if there are
idle connections they leave the pool.  Basically setting the min pool
size to 0 is what I want to do.  I haven't seen a minPoolSize parameter
though.

The documentation says if I set maxIdle to 0 that means unlimited.  That
won't work I guess.  Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Dennis