Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2012/04/03 19:14:13 UTC

[axis2-1.6.1] AxisServletListener . . .

Because the jaxws-samples/SampleClient does not run  (async on wire), I
have found the following causing me troubles an generates the exception

snipped in AxisServeltListener

    public EndpointReference[] getEPRsForService(String serviceName,
String ip) throws AxisFault {
        if (port == -1) {
            throw new AxisFault("Port number for transport " + scheme +
" has not yet been detected");
        }
        return
HTTPTransportUtils.getEPRsForService(configurationContext,
transportInDescription,
                serviceName, ip, port);
    }

OK - String serviceName is "EchoService" and String ip is null, BUT that
is not the reason for the Exception to be just thrown here.

1.	ip null at this time is at least spurious! isn't it?
2.	the exception happens because port == -1,
3.	to say, is still -1
4.	that is to say the port was never detected or setup
5.	that is to say -  reading the declaration of port in
AxisServletListener is spurious again and leads me to the question
6.	"WHEN SHALL THIS promised AUTODETECTION LATEST HAPPEN" to
prevent the Exception

snippet from AxisServletListener
    /**
     * The port number. <code>-1</code> means that the port number will
be autodetected.
     */
    private int port;

Also, if someone knows an elegant method to turn on all axis loggers at
once I am thankfull again !!!

OR

did someone master to draw a sequence diagram with Sparx Enterprise
Architect CASE Tool
I think that is what I am doing tomorrow to get an idea what happens,
why async on wire is not running with that simple sample

OR

does someone know how to best get a call graph from a running axis2
client sample?

Thanks to everyone

Josef