Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Zeiner <an...@gmx.at> on 2005/10/28 11:00:23 UTC

newby questions

hello

i'm new to maven 2 and i reading around maven for a couple of days but
i'm stuck in a problem were i don't know how to get out - maybe
somebody can help me:

1. i have an existing project an i want to maven-enable it -

i have tried out to change an existing pom.xml but when i call "mvn
compile" i get the errors listed below - really strange

C:\data\projects\MetaGruppenWizzy\src\at\ac\univie\metagruppenwizzy\dao\ListReso
lverJdbc.java:[13,37] package org.springframework.jdbc.core does not exist

C:\data\projects\MetaGruppenWizzy\src\at\ac\univie\metagruppenwizzy\dao\ListReso
lverJdbc.java:[14,45] package org.springframework.jdbc.core.support does
not exi
st

.... (and more)

************************************
here ist my pom.xml

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>at.ac.univie.metagruppenwizzy</groupId>
  <artifactId>metagruppenwizzy</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>Metagruppenwizzy</name>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <!--
      <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2</url>
      -->
            <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Plugin Repository</name>
      <!--
      <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2</url>
      -->
            <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <releases>
        <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
      </releases>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

  <build>
    <directory>target</directory>
    <outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>
    <finalName>${artifactId}-${version}</finalName>
    <testOutputDirectory>target/test-classes</testOutputDirectory>
    <sourceDirectory>src/</sourceDirectory>
    <scriptSourceDirectory>src</scriptSourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>/test</testSourceDirectory>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>/lib</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>
    <testResources>
      <testResource>
        <directory>/lib</directory>
      </testResource>
    </testResources>
  </build>

  <reporting>
    <outputDirectory>target/site</outputDirectory>
  </reporting>

</project>

2. what i want to do with maven is to download a set of defined jars and
at deployment time put them into a /lib directory

our structure is the following:

project
src/at/ac....
test/at/ac ..
/lib

3. how can i check out files from cvs automatically ? ist there an
example somewhere ? i haven't found anything ...

4. is there a way to integrate maven2 into ecplise?

currently i'm completly overloaded  therefore i hope the someone can
help me in this issue

thanx

greetinx

andy

Re: newby questions

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 11:00 +0200, Andreas Zeiner wrote:
> hello
>
> i'm new to maven 2 and i reading around maven for a couple of days but
> i'm stuck in a problem were i don't know how to get out - maybe
> somebody can help me:
>
> 1. i have an existing project an i want to maven-enable it -

I would strongly suggest working from the getting started guide to get
your first project working. I'm not sure where you got the POM from that
you started with but it looks like a copy of the Super POM. If you start
with the getting started guide you should be able to get something up
and running quickly:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

you are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance