Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Abhinav Anand <ab...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/30 04:28:02 UTC

Plan for Scala 2.10+ support

Hi,
  We are building pub-sub applications over kafka in our company. Some of
our packages have been build on Scala 2.10+. Though only Kafka_2.9.2 is
available on maven repository. Kafka_2.9.2 uses some deprecated scala
classes (viz. ClassManifest), which causes runtime exception for our
application.

We are currently maintaining our own repository of Kafka build over
scala_2.10. Though we wanted to open-source our system and wanted to check
if there is any plan for Kafka_2.10 getting pushed to maven or apache
repository ??

--
Abhinav Anand

Re: Plan for Scala 2.10+ support

Posted by "Ngu, Bob" <bo...@intel.com>.
I am using Maven to build my Scala app but to resolve the bad POM
definition issue, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1064, I
added all the required dependencies to my POM and thought I had to use
Scala 2.9.2 but it seems to build just fine with 2.10.2, this should be
fine, right?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted by Hisham Mardam-Bey <hi...@mate1inc.com>.

--
Hisham Mardam-Bey
-=[ CTO ]-=-[ Mate1 Inc. ]=-

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

-=[ Codito Ergo Sum ]=-

Re: Plan for Scala 2.10+ support

Posted by chetan conikee <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joe.

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.

Posted by Aniket Bhatnagar <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chetan conikee <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.
I think there was the plan to make kafka producer and consumer pure in
Java, so scala version wouldn't matter. And I think that's mostly why
people want certain scala version, not because of kafka itself, but they
just need producer/consumer libraries.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Aniket Bhatnagar <

Posted by Aniket Bhatnagar <an...@gmail.com>.