Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tallanel Siriel <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/28 17:44:10 UTC

Multiples dfs.cluster.administrators

Hello !

I send you this mail because I need to set multiple users with the same
powers than hdfs in my hadoop cluster.

Do you know if it is possible with the property dfs.cluster.administrators ?
Do we put user or group in this property ?
If I can put multiple items in this property, do you know what is the
delimiter ?

Best regards.

Tallanel

Re: Multiples dfs.cluster.administrators

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Tallenl,

This property supports multiple users and groups.  The documentation for this property describes the syntax, but that documentation is not yet live on hadoop.apache.org.  Here is a copy of that documentation content from trunk:

<property>
   <name>dfs.cluster.administrators</name>
   <value></value>
   <description>ACL for the admins, this configuration is used to control
     who can access the default servlets in the namenode, etc. The value
     should be a comma separated list of users and groups. The user list
     comes first and is separated by a space followed by the group list,
     e.g. "user1,user2 group1,group2". Both users and groups are optional,
     so "user1", " group1", "", "user1 group1", "user1,user2 group1,group2"
     are all valid (note the leading space in " group1"). '*' grants access
     to all users and groups, e.g. '*', '* ' and ' *' are all valid.
   </description>
</property>

--Chris Nauroth