Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ohad Shacham <oh...@oath.com.INVALID> on 2018/04/12 10:54:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Hi,

The Apache Omid community has voted on and approved a proposal
to release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating.

PPMC Vote Call:http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-omid-dev/201804.mbox/%3cCAHuxFyN_uzAb12=AS-WyVXiwn1KTwmk2SY4=b1F6ZkTwEBUeVw@mail.gmail.com%3e

PPMC Vote Result:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-omid-dev/201804.mbox/%3cCAChRgeEQg7E-V6abZaWLaxiEdmULTtcmS_w=4v2d7oyE0yFf_Q@mail.gmail.com%3e

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-omid-dev/201804.mbox/%3cCAAF1JdhkMXvObfMD6xV=RPXhk9fg27fHR-kR6tAt=W1DweoQQQ@mail.gmail.com%3e

PPMC Vote Summary:
4 binding (IPMC member) +1 votes
0 non-binding PPMC member +1 votes
No -1 votes

Release notes for the 0.9.0.0
release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Git tag for the release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git/?p=incubator-omid.git;a=tag;h=264a30e825bd0a75c435888d3cc12a35b19b4405

Sources for the release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc2/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz

Source release verification: PGP Signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc2/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.asc

SHA512 Hash:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc2/apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src.tar.gz.sha512

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/omid/0.9.0.0-rc2/KEYS

We request the permission of IPMC to publish the above release candidate as
Apache Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating. Please try out the package and vote. The
vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache
Omid 0.9.0.0-incubating [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay
with the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because... Please add
(binding) if your vote is binding.

Thanks,
Ohad

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> Could you please review the notice file in OMID-44
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OMID-44> before I'll cook a new
> release candidate?

I’ve taken a look at NOTICE file now looks good. However where did those yahoo files come from? If it was from here [3] then you need to add this:
This product includes software developed by
Yahoo! Inc. (www.yahoo.com)
Copyright (c) 2010 Yahoo! Inc.  All rights reserved.

to the notice file as that is in the projects NOTICE file. [4]

You may also want to add the license for [1] (and other files) to LICENSE. It’s not required but a good idea to do so. [2]

Thanks,
Jutsin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-omid/blob/0c371361781957c96b20295290a167f7be3b33e2/benchmarks/src/main/java/org/apache/omid/benchmarks/utils/Generator.java
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
3. https://github.com/mdhim/ycsb
4. https://github.com/mdhim/ycsb/blob/master/NOTICE.txt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by Ohad Shacham <oh...@oath.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Justin.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

1. https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/blob/master/NOTICE.txt
2. https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/blob/master/NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by Ohad Shacham <oh...@oath.com.INVALID>.
 Hi,

Both MTBT and Omid took files from YCSB, therefore, I don’t understand why
we should take MTBT’s NOTICE file into account?

Thx,

Ohad

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

5. https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/blob/master/NOTICE <https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/blob/master/NOTICE>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Omid 0.9.0.0 (incubating)

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
@Justin - thanks for taking the time to review. Really appreciate it. Looks
like there's some confusion, though. Prior to starting this vote, you
approved the change on the JIRA here[1], but now you've -1'ed the release.
At this point, we're trying to get clarification on OMID-44 so that when we
go through another vote, we make sure we've done it correctly.

Would you have time to please review the change on the JIRA so we can spin
up the next RC?

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OMID-44?focusedCommentId=16424626&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16424626

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Forwarding my +1 from the dev list.

Alan.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
* Signatures ok
* Disclaimer, license, notice ok
* Rat check ok

I am, however, getting a test failure:

Failed tests:

TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO.testSuccessOfTSOClientReconnectionsToARestartedTSOWithZKPublishing:214
» Execution
  TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO.testSuccessfulConnectionToTSOThroughZK:176 »
Execution

More details:

Tests run: 4, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.343 sec
<<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.omid.tso.client.TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO
testSuccessOfTSOClientReconnectionsToARestartedTSOWithZKPublishing(org.apache.omid.tso.client.TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO)
Time elapsed: 1.738 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException:
No route to host
    at
org.apache.omid.tso.client.TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO.testSuccessOfTSOClientReconnectionsToARestartedTSOWithZKPublishing(TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO.java:214)
Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

testSuccessfulConnectionToTSOThroughZK(org.apache.omid.tso.client.TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO)
Time elapsed: 1.247 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException:
No route to host
    at
org.apache.omid.tso.client.TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO.testSuccessfulConnectionToTSOThroughZK(TestTSOClientConnectionToTSO.java:176)

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>