Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by footh <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/19 23:31:28 UTC

Some questions on JavaFlow mechanics

I've rummaged through a bunch of the source for
JavaFlow and was wondering if I could get some
questions answered regarding its behaviour.

It seems like the main class I should be concerned
with is the JavaInterpreter class.  One of the main
questions I have is, it appears that an instance of
the flow class (the class that extends
AbstractContinuable) is created and stored in the
user's session under the name "JAVA GLOBAL SCOPE".  Is
this true?  Is a new, separate instance of the
JavaFlow class created for every user?

Secondly, it looks as if a "web continuation" is
generated on every call to a function within the flow.
 At least on every call of the "callFunction" method
of JavaInterpreter.  Let's say I have a JavaFlow that
is the entry point for all pages, is this
"callFunction" method called on every page request for
every user?  If so, it seems that every web page
request generates a new continuation that lasts for 10
minutes (600000).  Am I understanding this correctly?

Any insight on these matters would help a great deal.

Regards,

JF