Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2002/03/20 20:09:50 UTC

Zip distribution files?

I'm working on helping someone set up fop on a win2k machine and there are
not zip file on the distribution sites. Are they going to be uploaded
anytime soon?

Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

Re: Zip distribution files?

Posted by Lauren Commons <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Winzip will open tar.gz files.

=====
http://sports.yahoo.com/

RE: AW: Zip distribution files?

Posted by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au>.
Thanks for the suggestions but that's now what I'm looking for. Any way of
unziping tar.gz files will not work for Windows machines. The issue is not
whether you can compress it or not. The issue has to do with incompatible
line endings. If you try to run a tar.gz file on Windows it is likely to
cause problems because of the line endings.

WinZip 8 will handle CR/LF conversion on tar files automatically. I use Win
ME & have run FOP successfully ...

Regards,
Roland Neilands
Analyst/Programmer
Pulse Mining Systems Pty Ltd
(w) +612 4933 3300
(f) +612 4933 6732
(e) rneilands@pulsemining.com.au

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain
information which is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use of its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original
e-mail.

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....for you are crunchy and  taste
good with ketchup and mayonnaise.."

Re: AW: Zip distribution files?

Posted by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu>.

AW: Zip distribution files?