Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/10 23:36:51 UTC

[IvyDE] resolver appears to delete jars not needed by the current conf

Say I've got:

A[default,test] with an artifact for each conf

and:

B[default]->A[default]
C[default]->A[default]
D[default]->A[default]
D[test]->A[test]

Now, as one would probably expect, A[test] extends A[default] and D
[test] extends D[default].  Furthermore, for the purposes of this
discussion the workspace resolver is immaterial.  Now, if I resolve D
[test], A[test] ends up in the cache as desired.  However, if I then
resolve (B|C)[default], it seems that A[default] remains in the cache
but its [test] artifact is lost.  I am using Hudson-built versions of
Ivy and IvyDE, and the A|B|C|D artifacts are all coming through a
single URL resolver with a changing revision (using the Maven -
SNAPSHOT convention).  This doesn't seem to happen when I resolve (B|
C)[default] using the Ant tasks.  I can't see how to turn up the log
level in IvyDE (I don't know how/where to hand-edit the preference
and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it through the UI).  Any
suggestions on what is going on?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: [IvyDE] resolver appears to delete jars not needed by the current conf

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
On Wednesday 10 March 2010 23:36:51 Matt Benson wrote:
> Say I've got:
>
> A[default,test] with an artifact for each conf
>
> and:
>
> B[default]->A[default]
> C[default]->A[default]
> D[default]->A[default]
> D[test]->A[test]
>
> Now, as one would probably expect, A[test] extends A[default] and D
> [test] extends D[default].  Furthermore, for the purposes of this
> discussion the workspace resolver is immaterial.  Now, if I resolve D
> [test], A[test] ends up in the cache as desired.  However, if I then
> resolve (B|C)[default], it seems that A[default] remains in the cache
> but its [test] artifact is lost.  I am using Hudson-built versions of
> Ivy and IvyDE, and the A|B|C|D artifacts are all coming through a
> single URL resolver with a changing revision (using the Maven -
> SNAPSHOT convention).  This doesn't seem to happen when I resolve (B|
> C)[default] using the Ant tasks.  I can't see how to turn up the log
> level in IvyDE (I don't know how/where to hand-edit the preference
> and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it through the UI).  Any
> suggestions on what is going on?

It seems a resolve process issue, Ivy logs will probably help you. As you are
using the trunk version of IvyDE, logs can be filtered or explanded, see:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/trunk/console.html

Nicolas