Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Oliver Kowalke <ol...@t-online.de> on 2002/01/30 22:22:41 UTC

When using rpc-based and when message-bassed SOAP?

Hello,
I'm trying my first steps in SOAP and Java (also .NET).
I've made a simple "Hello World"-app with .NET (should work as server :^) ).
The client should run in TomCat 4.0.1. As I could read in the
Apache-SOAP-docu the communication can be implemented as rpc-based or as
message-based. I've no glue how to decide when using rpc-based and
message-based SOAP!
I couldn't finde a simple app which does message-based communication. Maybe
you can help me?
with best regards,
Oliver

Re: When using rpc-based and when message-bassed SOAP?

Posted by cm...@pixelzoom.com.
Look in the mailing list archives. I posted links to an example
sometime within the past 4 months.  If you can't find it, see
Chapter 13 of "Java & XML Programming" from O'Reilly, which is
all about message-style SOAP.

-Chris