Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com> on 2003/02/06 18:50:20 UTC

[OT] The Cocoon Drinking Game

The Cocoon Drinking Game

Take a drink when you first realize how much Cocoon rules.

Whenever someone asks about a stripped-down sitemap, take a drink.

Take a drink when a Cocoon get-together is organized overseas, and you can't fly across the ocean to go.

Whenever someone flames Cocoon for being too complex, take two drinks.

If someone insists Cocoon isn't ready for primetime, take five drinks.

Whenever someone asks if Cocoon supports XML, take three drinks.

Take a drink when you realize the power of the Flowscript.

Drink twice when you realize all the work you just put into Cocoon has already been done by Forrest.

There's probably tons more I'm missing :)

Tony

Re: [OT] The Cocoon Drinking Game

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 07 February 2003 22:41, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > Maybe should change from the Apache License to the somewhat infamous
> > "Beer License" under what some software is distributed;
> >
> > "You are free to use this software in any way you want, but have to drink
> > a beer to honor the contributor(s)."
>
> what about "offering a beer to the contributors you happen to come
> across in real life"? hmmm, thinking again, hey, that's worked for me so
> far anyway :)

Only if I choose the location (my local pub)...
In fact, last Sunday I had a party (1st year married anniversary) for friends,
one barrel of beer (about 100 mugs) and a couple of bottles... Forgot to
invite you guys ;o)

Re: [OT] The Cocoon Drinking Game

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: [OT] The Cocoon Drinking Game

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Maybe should change from the Apache License to the somewhat infamous "Beer
License" under what some software is distributed;

"You are free to use this software in any way you want, but have to drink a
beer to honor the contributor(s)."

Niclas

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Tony Collen wrote:
> The Cocoon Drinking Game
>
> Take a drink when you first realize how much Cocoon rules.
>
> Whenever someone asks about a stripped-down sitemap, take a drink.
>
> Take a drink when a Cocoon get-together is organized overseas, and you can't fly across the ocean to go.
>
> Whenever someone flames Cocoon for being too complex, take two drinks.
>
> If someone insists Cocoon isn't ready for primetime, take five drinks.
>
> Whenever someone asks if Cocoon supports XML, take three drinks.
>
> Take a drink when you realize the power of the Flowscript.
>
> Drink twice when you realize all the work you just put into Cocoon has already been done by Forrest.

ROTFL :)

This should go into the wiki!

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Tony Collen wrote:

>The Cocoon Drinking Game
>
>Take a drink when you first realize how much Cocoon rules.
>
>Whenever someone asks about a stripped-down sitemap, take a drink.
>
>Take a drink when a Cocoon get-together is organized overseas, and you can't fly across the ocean to go.
>
>Whenever someone flames Cocoon for being too complex, take two drinks.
>
>If someone insists Cocoon isn't ready for primetime, take five drinks.
>
>Whenever someone asks if Cocoon supports XML, take three drinks.
>
>Take a drink when you realize the power of the Flowscript.

Up to here I'm chuckling ....

>Drink twice when you realize all the work you just put into Cocoon has already been done by Forrest.

And now ... ROTFL

Cheers Steve,

>There's probably tons more I'm missing :)
>
>Tony

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net