Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2009/04/02 10:51:05 UTC

[Shared] bouncycastle-reduced module

Hi guys,
Is this normal that the bouncycastle-reduced module is no longer listed in
the modules of the shared parent pom.xml?

Here are the current modules in that file:

  <modules>

    <module>asn1</module>

    <module>ldap</module>

    <module>ldap-jndi</module>

    <module>ldap-constants</module>

    <module>asn1-codec</module>

    <module>convert</module>

  </modules>

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [Shared] bouncycastle-reduced module

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Ahhh OK thanks Emmanuel and Pierre.   I had no clue this had happened but
it's great news.  Always good to have one less needed module :).

Alex

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Emmanuel,
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>wrote:

> Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>> Is this normal that the bouncycastle-reduced module is no longer listed in
>> the modules of the shared parent pom.xml?
>>

> We have moved to BC 1.4.0, which does not include the patented IDEA
> implementation. We don't need anymore the reduced BC module.

Ok, so maybe we can remove this module from SVN, if it's not used anymore.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Is this normal that the bouncycastle-reduced module is no longer listed in
> the modules of the shared parent pom.xml?

We have moved to BC 1.4.0, which does not include the patented IDEA
implementation. We don't need anymore the reduced BC module.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org