Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu> on 2016/07/08 22:43:09 UTC

How tell which BCEL release?

Now that BCEL 6.0 looks close, I'm wondering how a client can tell - programmatically - which version of BCEL he is running against in order to verify it is correct.   Currently, we at PLSE add an extra, dummy class to the release in order to do this.   Our goal is to stop shipping our own version and use the official 6.0 release - but we still need a way to identify the version.  We could do something hokey like looking for a recently added method - but I would prefer something more organized.

Any thoughts?

Mark