Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kennet Nielsen <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/15 23:06:11 UTC

Setting up the failover protocol with ActiveMQ

Hi all

I am trying to configure a network of brokers that use failover.
My setup is.
* ActiveMQ 5.8.0
* Two Ubuntu VM running brokers where I used the
activemq-static-network-broker1.xml and
activemq-static-network-broker2.xml configuration files.
   I modified the second cfg file with IP of first VM. These two
connect without problems.
* On my Windows 7 PC I want to setup a topic-publisher that uses the
failover protocol.
I started by trying to start a broker that connects with the failover
protocol to both of the VM's.
I used the activemq.xml configuration file and added
        <networkConnectors>
			<networkConnector
uri="failover:(tcp://192.168.1.112:61616,tcp://192.168.1.113:61618)"
duplex="true"/>
        </networkConnectors>
When I run "bin\activemq" on the Win7 PC I get an exception:

ERROR | Failed to load: class path resource [activemq.xml], reason:
Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.
activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in class path resource
[activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '
networkConnector#354749' of type
[org.apache.activemq.network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector] while setting
bean pr
operty 'networkConnectors' with key [0]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExc
eption: Error creating bean with name 'networkConnector#354749'
defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]:
 Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; ne
sted PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
PropertyAccessException 1:
org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'uri'
threw exception
; nested exception is java.io.IOException: DiscoveryAgent scheme NOT
recognized: [failover]

Thanks for your help.

/ Kennet