Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Jacob <ja...@internet24.de> on 2005/06/01 18:37:03 UTC

Re: possible memory memory with SA 3.0.3 under Debian Linux (me too)

> I was wondering if anyone had noticed a possible memory leak with SA
3.0.3
> (under Linux/Debian)?

> I upgraded SA from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 on a Debian server about 7 days ago
and today
> twice the load sky-rocketed followed by the server seizing up. In the
logs were
> lots of 'kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed' entries.

Exact same problem here.

We upgraded our spam scanners to Debian/Sarge during the last days, with
a manual
out-of-the-box installation of spamassassin 3.03, but since around after
10:00 CEST (08:00 GMT) today (2005-06-01), spamd memory usage explodes
till the system gives up. Downgrading to 3.02 seems to solve the
problem, i.e. memory
usage stays constant.

This did not happen yesterday, even though we had no change in
email volume.

Maybe its only a specific kind of spam that triggers this?

   Regards,
       Thomas

Re: possible memory memory with SA 3.0.3 under Debian Linux (me too)

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.